Austin Benn is committed to privacy for everyone who accesses the site. The Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, provides certain regulations and best practices which are designed to ensure that any data you provide to us with is processed with due care and attention.What sort of data do we collect?
Austin Benn collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, address, e-mail address, work and education history and your responses to and the results of assessments administered through the site, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We also collect information in the aggregate to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our website as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.Why do we process this personal data?
We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. We may also use data collected in the aggregate to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can provide you with a better service.Why do we collect and process sensitive personal data?
We collect and process sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform with legal requirements, for example under the equality of opportunity laws. By using this website and by registering your details with us, you consent to us collecting and processing sensitive personal data supplied by you and disclosing this information to prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process.Do we pass data to third parties?
Where necessary we may pass data to third parties that help us to process data and to prospective or intended employers or customers for the purpose of recruitment. We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but we do not disclose individual names or any identifying information unless you have specified your agreement.How is this data safeguarded?
The security of your data is extremely important to us. Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and third parties who help us to process data and, in order to help with the recruitment process, to prospective employers or customers. For more information on where your data is held see Conditions of use.How do we let you know if our policy changes?
Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be posted on this page and, if substantial, may be promoted on the website or through e-mail notification.
What are 'cookies' and why do we use them?
'Cookies' are ways of saving a small amount of personal information. We only use them to save your user name or password to allow easy access to our site. We advise you not to use 'cookies' if your computer is shared by other people.How do you remove your name from the database?
To unsubscribe from candidate community click here and complete the form.
Unsubscribing will cause all your details in the Austinbenn.co.uk website to be deleted. This means that any ongoing job applications will be lost and our consultants will not be able to contact you through the website.TerminologyAggregate
- this is when all data is collected and processed as a total to enable us to look at such information as demographic and geographic trends, so that we can try to produce a better service in the future.Archiving
- this is the process where candidate users are asked if they want their personal data to remain on the austinbenn.co.uk database. If a user does not indicate that they wish their details to be retained, their record is deleted from the database. This means that the candidate will not be able to sign in to AustinBenn.co.uk and also means that their details will not be accessible by any recruiters using AustinBenn.co.uk. Please note this process is carried out in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act and the Data Protection Act.Data
- information which is being processed by equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose, is recorded with the intention that it should be processed by means of such equipment, is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system or forms part of an accessible record.Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998
- these are the Acts of Parliament which set out principles relating to the use of data to ensure that the rights of the person who is the subject of the data are protected under the law.Personal data
- this is a statement by Austin Benn which explains the ways that we try to protect our users' privacy.Recruitment process
- the process of gaining employment and advertising for and recruiting new staff and the ongoing administrative process involved once a user has gained employment or recruited new staff.Austin Benn
- Austin Benn and its associated companies (within the Impellam Group).
Sensitive personal data - personal data consisting of information as to the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings related to any offence.Third Parties
- these are companies and people other than Austin Benn and the group of companies of which it is part.Users
- people who use our website and register their details with us for the purposes of recruitment, either to gain employment or for the purposes of advertising and recruiting new staff.